Coats & Bennett, PLLC, seeks first-year and second-year law students to participate in our summer program for six to eight weeks. Our summer program offers hands-on experience in patent preparation and prosecution.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Have one of the technical degrees listed in Category A of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's scientific and technical training requirements for admission to Patent Bar exam.
- Have strong academic credentials and excellent written communication skills.
Factors that will be strongly weigh in favor of the applicant include:
- An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a field closely related thereto.
- Professional engineering experience.
- Experience as an inventor or working with patents.
If you are interested in our summer associate program, please notify us using the contact form below and someone from our office will reach out to you to accept your resume and any writing samples, reference lists, written recommendations and/or other materials you would like us to consider.