STEPHEN A. HERRERA
Stephen Herrera brings substantial engineering experience to the preparation and prosecution of patent applications at Coats + Bennett, where he is a registered patent attorney. With the firm since 2001, Mr. Herrera specializes in the preparation of applications involving software and telecommunications systems, in addition to those in the mechanical arts.
With over 14 years of industry experience in software engineering and telecommunications, Mr. Herrera worked with the New Jersey State Police as a Communications Engineer on the statewide wireless communication system. Here he gained expertise in large scale wireless communications systems, and also designed and coded the Cellular 911 software presently used by the State of New Jersey. He worked on time-sensitive software applications implementing a 911 service in several large metropolitan areas as a software engineer with MCI, and oversaw the development of communications packages on the PacketIN and SS & Intelligent Networks with Lucent Technologies where he served as a technical lead.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Triangle Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- New Jersey State Police, Communications Engineer on the statewide wireless communication system
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor – 2006
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.S. – 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Computer Science